Wednesday, January 21, 2015

11 Months

So for those that haven't kept up with my life to this point... I'm in CHINA. No big deal. Just halfway across the world. It's awesome. 
It's been really cool talking to Chase about it because he's already dealt with being in a new culture and dealing with that and so it's nice being able to talk to him about it. It's cool that we're having the same experience kind of. I mean his is a lot more strict with more rules... But it's still close to the same thing. haha. 
We were able to Skype for Christmas this month, which was great!! I love Skype. It is the best thing ever. My whole family got to talk to him too which they loved. 
Celebrating holidays was weird without him. New Years Eve was always my favorite holiday and it was sad not having my New Years Kiss this year. But only one more without him!

This Month...


He...
had a ward Christmas party
performed in the talent show
started teaching Stephany
opened my Christmas package
stayed up till midnight to watch NYE fireworks
baptized Ariel (from El Viejo, his old area)
hiked Volcano Cosiguina
got to talk to his dad on Christmas too
started teaching Stephany's sister Kenia
sang in the stake choir for stake conference
got a new companion: Elder Rodriguez
baptized Mario


I...
got new camera equipment and a kindle for Christmas
had our traditional Christmas Eve Sleepover with my brothers
got a puppy! (his name is Jake. he's adorable.)
went hiking at 5:00 am. that was ridiculous.
went to Boyden's farewell
moved to CHINA
traveled for 26 hours straight
saw a Chinese temple
ate fried squid & other street food
said goodbye to some friends :(
went shopping and had to barter
started teaching!












































No comments:

Post a Comment