Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Two Weeks Down...

I thought I was handling him being gone pretty good the first two weeks. I rarely cried, I didn't really miss him too much. It was a good thing that the last month & 1/2 before he left we were in separate states. It totally helped prepare me for what was coming. 

But now that it's hit the two week mark since I've seen him, IT'S HARD. I just wish I could text him or call him and tell him all about my day like I used to do. I miss waking up to texts that would say "Goodmorning beautiful(:" and I miss his sweet goodnight texts every night. I miss how he would randomly kiss my cheek or my forehead when we were together. I miss when I would catch him just staring at me while we were watching a movie or something. I miss his hugs. I miss having to stand on my tip toes to kiss him. I miss having someone to open all my doors for me. I miss the way he'd smile when he made me laugh. I miss him. so. much. 
I've learned this week though to rely on the atonement. I never quite understood that the Atonement isn't just for sins. Christ can take away all our pains. Like feeling sad. He can take that away from me.  And he did. He truly does love everyone and just wants us each to be happy. I'm so grateful to the people that he worked through this week to help me, and they probably don't even realize it. 
Hopefully I get over this sad phase soon. It's finally hit me that he's actually gone, and won't be back for another 2 years. Miss him more and more each day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment