Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Saying Goodbye

Our last goodbye was on Monday, February 17. Two days before his report date. We woke up early and made breakfast together. He was tired and wasn't used to waking up before 10:00. hahaha. We hung around my house watching movies all morning. We went back to his house to help him start packing. He picked out the clothes he was going to take and then gave me free reign in his closet. So now I have his cologne, 3 jackets, and 5 or 6 shirts that were my favorites on him. I sleep in them every night. haha. We went out to dinner at Red Robin (he wanted one last American meal). Then we just came home and cuddled and watched movies and our favorite TV show- Friends- for the rest of the night. 
Finally the time came. It was almost midnight, and we had to say our final goodbye. We were out on my front porch talking and laughing and crying and hugging for a half hour. We laughed a lot. Which was perfect for our relationship. He tried to leave once and walked away too slow and I couldn't let him go. Then he said that he wanted to dance with me one last time. We put on our song, You and Me, and just danced together on my front porch. Once it was over we finally said goodnight. We couldn't say goodbye, it was too final. He got in his car and I went inside, and I watched him drive away through the window. 
It was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do in my life. But seeing him again in February 2016 will then be the best day of my life.
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

No comments:

Post a Comment